PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, Paypal, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
NEWSLETTERS & PROMOTIONAL E-MAILS
Periodically, we may offer free newsletters, and promotional e-mails as a service to our customers. These newsletters and e-mails will be sent to you via e-mail and will contain information on how to opt out of future newsletters and promotional e-mails.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING: As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:[[
INCLUDE OPT-OUT LINKS FROM WHICHEVER SERVICES BEING USED.
COMMON LINKS INCLUDE:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act took effect on April 21, 2000 and imposes certain requirements on websites directed toward children under 13, that collect information on those children, or websites that know they are collecting information on children under the age of 13.
We do NOT sell products for purchase by children under 13 through harlemsnob.com. Youth-oriented products are sold for purchase by adults only. We will not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Harlem S.N.O.B is committed to protecting the welfare and privacy of children.
Who and what information is subject to the CCPA?
The CCPA protects California residents as “consumers” with respect to their personal information, although a number of exceptions apply. As a result, the Supplemental CCPA Disclosures and relevant CCPA Rights subsections below may not apply when they restrict our ability to comply with a court order or regulator with competent authority, federal, state or local laws, cooperation with law enforcement, exercise of our legal claims, or collection or use of de-identified information.
California residents have the following rights:
- Right to Opt-out of Sale:California residents have the right to opt-out of our “sales” of their personal information. To exercise this right, email us at with “California Request to Opt-Out” in the subject line, or use the contact details in of this Privacy Notice above
- Right to Know: California residents have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell about them specifically. To submit a request to exercise this right to know, email us at with “California Request to Know”, or use the contact details in of this Privacy Notice Please specify in your request the details you would like to know, including any specific pieces of personal information you would like to access.
- Right to Delete:California residents have the right to request the deletion of personal information that we collect or maintain about them. To submit a request to delete personal information, email us at with “California Request to Delete” in the subject line, or use the contact details in of this Privacy Notice Please specify in your request the personal information about you that you would like to have deleted, which can be all of your personal information as required by the CCPA.
- Right Not to be Discriminated Against: You may not be discriminated against because you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA in violation of Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.125.
- Financial Incentives:From time to time we offer consumers who provide their email address, phone number and/or zip code to us for the purposes of receiving our marketing communications, free shipping, or sometimes a discount on an order. Consumers may opt in by entering their information when prompted upon first visiting our website. Consumers may opt out of marketing communications at any time by following the instructions in such communications. The financial incentive is permitted under the CCPA because it is not discriminatory in nature—it does not deny consumers their rights under the CCPA or discriminate against consumers who may have exercised their rights under the CCPA.
If you submit a request to exercise your CCPA rights, we may ask that you provide certain information to verify your identity. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue. We will respond to your request in accordance with the CCPA. If we deny your request, we will explain why.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf if:
- The authorized agent is a natural person or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State of California; and
- You sign a written declaration that you authorize the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to exercise your right to know, right to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information, or your right to request deletion, please have the authorized agent take the following steps in addition to the steps described earlier:
- Email a certified copy of your written declaration authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf to Harlem S.N.O.B., LLC, P.O. Box 412 New York, NY 10030; and
- Provide any information we request in our response to your email to verify your identity. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue.
If you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, it may not be necessary to perform these steps and we will respond to any request from such authorized agent in accordance with the CCPA.
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR CANADIAN USERS
We may store or process your personal information on servers in jurisdictions outside of Canada, including in the United States of America. While your personal information is in a jurisdiction it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction, or otherwise, in accordance with the laws applicable in that jurisdiction.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
P.O. Box 412, New York, NY, 10030, United States